Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address





I am reposting this once again since I blog this before way back on the other side of the blog world when I was still working in a University. I've read it in one of our magazine subscriptions. But now just a few minutes ago, I've just found out that there was a video on it so I just want to share it with you. I've learned to love Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar animation, creator of toy stories (I've watched it 10X actually my children love it). It was all started when my brother-in-law sent an e-mail about this speech on one of the best university in the U.S. From that day on I've become a fan and because out of curiosity I've started to read his biography.


Actually I loved reading biographies of different successful people. I had several collection of them at home, the like of Lucio Tan on how he got his first millions, Gokongwei on how he struggled his childhood before he became rich since he became fatherless at a very young age and he took the responsibility and obligations to his siblings because he was the eldest. How Henry Sy started Shoe Mart (SM SuperMall now), why Warren Buffett donated her billions to Bill Gates foundation and how Bill Gates started Microsoft on their garage and now me and my husband are currently fascinating to read Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad teachings. I was fascinated with their life's failure and how they became successful not only on their financial aspect but success as a whole, is it easy?

Upon reading Steve Jobs autobiography I've learned that we have lots of things in common except of course of his Billions and millions of money hehehe, but we're not far behind with our millions of credit, I know we are leading the same path hehehe. Seriously Steve Jobs gave me the courage to fulfill the dreams I wanted to accomplish. Let me site some instances on his life that I consider meaningful (I've read it on Women's Journal)

* Connect the Dot= in his speech he told the newly graduates that it was all started before he was born. Steve Jobs was being adopted because his biological mother decided to give him a better life maybe, not knowing that someday he will be somebody. Upon growing up he experiences different wrong decisions, he was a college drop out, but later on in his life he realize that it was all part of life. And that's how I see my life I am trying to connect my dot in different situation as what Steve Jobs says "You just have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma this approach has never let him down and it has made all the difference in his life and I'm sure it will never let me down too. Just to mention a glimpse of my life. I had several failed relationship but if that relationship became successful I don't think that I will have the best relationship ever in my life with my husband now.

* Second was about Love and Loss=Steve Jobs found what he loved to do early in life. He started apple at 20 he work hard and in 10 years apple had grown from the garage into a $2 billion company with 4,000 employees. Early in life I know what I wanted to be and how I wanted to be. I've just wanted to have a simple but better life. I've just wanted to finish college, have a decent job and fulfill my mother's dream. But everything was shattered when my mom left me for a while just to fulfill that dream that she wanted for me. I was lost since I was so pampered I felt she was just so selfish fulfilling those dreams for me that I didn't even wanted at all. But sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick (according to Steve). Just don't loose faith and suddenly after 10 years of wishful thinking I've realized that what happened was merely a preparation for my future, to be strong in whatever trials and suffering may come my way, to be able to embrace all the hardship life's may bring, to be able to appreciate simple things and be satisfied.

* Death= last quarter of 2006 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer first came into my mind was am I going to die soon? I cried so hard because of my children. Before having this kind of sickness, I have this thought that I was ready to leave this cruel world after so many worst things had happened to us. But suddenly God gave me the reason to stop and listen. Listened to my inner world, to my inner feelings. What I really wanted and how I really wanted. I still wanted to see my children fulfill their dreams, I wanted them to remember me as a kind of mother who will always be there especially in times of trouble. I know this is my mission, my purpose in life, to make this three little creature to be somebody someday. "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the best choices in my life" according to Steve because he was also diagnosed with cancer. Early 2007 my mother-in-law died which I consider one of the most influential person in my life aside from my mom. It was a sudden death it made an impact to me and my husband. Now we know where we wanted to go and how we wanted our life to be. "Our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the result of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice"...Now we've learned and hopefully we are leading the road that only HIM knows the way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say..

loveleng said...

Thanks a lot for wonderful comments...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, nice job! This was the stuff I had to have.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails