Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time Each Day

"A human body can bear only 45 del (unit) of pain. But at the time of giving birth, a mother feels up to 57 del(unit) of pain.This is similar to 20 bones getting fractured, all at the same time! This is just to tell you the extent to which a mother loves her child! 'Love your Mom till the end of your life. The lady with whom you fight almost every day suffered so much pain just to give you a beautiful life!"

       The above  statement was circulated on Facebook nowadays. Tears began to fall and I remember how my mother raised us all with her hardship and sacrifices. I know I am not a perfect child while growing up because I also have my own share of tantrums which  I guess just  normal for every child, but neither did I gave my Mother a bunch full of heartache to endure. But whether I was a good daughter or not,  now that I am a mother in my own rights,  now I know that  being a mother was the hardest profession a woman can ever have. I am not sour grapes or acting as if I have a scornful of denial because I am an unemployed stay-at-home mother as of this time. 

     It's been two years now since I've decided to give up my everyday working routine, career for others, jobs for all and bread and butter for those who wants to make an end meets end. Well actually in my last employment I can say that even though I work hard and stayed in the organization for more than ten years and tried to finish my Masters Degree it seems that it was not enough. I never felt any fulfilment that I am looking for in my life while I was there (well part of  human nature no satisfaction at all). It's not that there's something wrong with the organization that I am associated with but sometimes we as human as we grow old it is true that the more we know the more that we become  hungry for knowledge,  the more that we become eager to explore. 


      So when I've decided to leave everything behind and go beyond my comfort zone, (I was more of an adventurous type  I guess). I've just  wanted to know more, to explore more together with my children I want to give them a better environment, better chance to examine every possibility the world can offer because I never had that in my childhood. But God has his own time even though the time is right  or not I believed that everything will be given in his time, not mine, same as those disappointments turn out to be a blessing afterwards. I know because I experience them first hand all the wrong choices that brings me to the right place and person. And even those people who don't like me and disagree with me can testify how my life twist and turn and came out to be a better one. 


       How many times did I cry even all my fingers on both hand and feet were not enough to count it all  but at the end of the day smiles always came out in my face because something good had happened.  I am writing this because in my past years of not working I am a bit disappointed with the outcome of my decision. It's not that I regret everything. I am very much thankful because I have a very supportive husband who would do everything for the sake of his family. Disappointed in a way that how things went by with my children and how people sees a mother who stayed at home. It seems that they  look down on our capabilities. Before I decided to quit working, my main reason was to home school them, to give them all the knowledge, good values and proper upbringing. Though my expectation at that time was quite high because I never experience home school all my life and I never knew what homeschool is all about. Just recently that I imagine after two years of being with them I am not the one who teach them a lesson, they are the one who teach me a lesson.


       If I just could tell all the working mothers to stay with their children while their young, well though its a case to case basis but if given a chance just like me don't think twice because me though disappointed but  I never regret every single minute I am with them and if I work in the future I am proud to say that once in my life I felt the fulfillment  I never had in my life, that part of my existence God gave me the responsibility because he believes in my capability to be a good mother and it's a compliment on my part. So if you are a mother and you were given a chance to stay with your kids even for a short while don't think twice leave all those paper works behind and enjoy every moment of being with them, for allow me to quote this 



"The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day." ---O.A.Battista.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails