Friday, March 4, 2016

Gratitude

Lately, I have started to appreciate the life God has given me and the work He has entrusted to me. I have begun to realize my true purpose in this world.

Sometimes, in our desire to fit into the world, we work so hard to become the person we think everyone expects us to be—even when that may not be who God is calling us to become. We spend so much time trying to make other people happy, believing that if everyone approves of us, we will finally be happy too.

We become so consumed with what others might think or say about us that we forget to ask the most important question: "Lord, what do You want me to do? Who do You want me to become?"

The truth is, we can never please everyone. That is simply the reality of life. Sooner or later, someone will misunderstand us, disappoint us, or even hurt us. The real question is not whether we will be hurt, but who is worth making sacrifices for.


Ethan

The noisiest... but also one of the most lovable.

Was it worth it?

Without a doubt—yes.

A year or two ago, I tried to return to the life I had before—a workaholic mother of three. I applied for many jobs, hoping to continue the career I had left behind. Unfortunately, I wasn't accepted into most of them. For a while, I felt as though I had lost the person I used to be because I had stopped working almost ten years earlier.

Ten years ago, I made the decision to homeschool my children while they were still young. The first few years were not easy. I was adjusting to a new country, a new culture, and a completely different way of life. I was far from my comfort zone, and there were many moments when I questioned my decisions.

Eventually, I found a job. I attended interviews, was hired, and worked for about a year. But then I resigned.

It wasn't because I disliked the job or because the salary wasn't enough. Deep inside, I simply felt that something was missing. My heart wasn't at peace. I realized that what I truly wanted was to be present for my children during the years they needed me most.

Please don't misunderstand me. I have nothing but admiration for mothers who work outside the home. In fact, they deserve so much respect. Balancing a career while raising children is no easy task. I've experienced that life myself, and I know how exhausting it can be.

Whether a mother works full-time at home or outside the home, there is no competition. Every mother wants what is best for her children, and every family's situation is different. We should celebrate one another instead of comparing ourselves.

During our art project
(Basket making)

Lovi's basket

Ate and her work
of art

Doing some Arts
and crafts

Looking back, I can honestly say that choosing to become a full-time homeschooling mom was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Sometimes we need to make sacrifices today that our future selves will thank us for tomorrow.

No amount of money can replace the joy of witnessing your children grow day by day. Time passes so quickly. One moment they are learning to read, and before you know it, they are becoming independent young people with dreams of their own.

Every day, I have the privilege of guiding them, learning with them, laughing with them, and watching them become the people God created them to be. These ordinary days, which may seem repetitive to others, have become some of the most meaningful moments of my life.

Over the years, God also entrusted other children to our homeschool journey.


Ate and Ethan
My two additional
blessing from God

I will always be grateful to their parents for trusting me with their children. To be honest, there were many times when I felt afraid. I wondered if I was capable enough or if I would be able to fulfill the responsibility God had placed in my hands.

But every single day, these children reminded me why I said yes.

Their curiosity, laughter, creativity, and simple faith reminded me that life doesn't have to be as complicated as adults often make it. Sometimes, the greatest lessons come from seeing the world through the eyes of a child.

There will always be people who question our choices or tell us what we cannot do. Years ago, I probably would have spent my time defending myself or trying to prove them wrong.

Today, I have learned something different.

The best response isn't always to argue. Sometimes, the best response is to remain silent, keep doing what God has called you to do, pray, and allow Him to fight your battles.

Not every criticism deserves a response, and not every opinion deserves a place in your heart.

God knows our motives. He sees every sacrifice that no one else notices. He understands every tear, every prayer, and every act of obedience done in secret.

If He has called us to something, He will also give us the grace and strength to accomplish it.

Looking back now, I no longer see the years I spent at home as years I "gave up" my career. Instead, I see them as years I invested in the lives of my children—and that investment has brought a reward no paycheck could ever replace.

I may never become the richest person in the world, but every time I see my children growing in wisdom, kindness, faith, and confidence, I know I have already received one of God's greatest blessings.

At the end of the day, success is not about how much money we earn or how impressive our job title is. Success is knowing that we faithfully lived the purpose God prepared for us, loved the people He entrusted to us, and left a legacy that will last far beyond this lifetime.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails