The 6 Rules of Success
Success doesn't always come from having the most talent or the best opportunities. Sometimes, it comes from the small choices we make every day.
1. Trust Yourself
When I first started homeschooling my children, I constantly wondered if I was making the right decision. Many people had different opinions, and I often questioned my own ability. But deep inside, I believed God had called me to this path. Little by little, I learned that trusting myself also meant trusting the One who guided me.
Lesson: You don't have to know everything before you begin. Sometimes you simply need to take the first step.
2. Break the Rules
Everyone expected that a good education could only happen inside a traditional classroom. We chose a different path through homeschooling. It wasn't the usual way, but it was the right way for our family. Not every rule has to be broken, but sometimes it's okay to choose a different path if it helps you become who God created you to be.
Lesson: Don't be afraid to do things differently when you have a good reason.
3. Don't Be Afraid to Fail
There were lessons that didn't go as planned. There were days my children weren't interested in studying, and there were days I felt like I had completely failed as a teacher. Instead of giving up, we learned together, adjusted our plans, and tried again the next day.
Lesson: Failure isn't the end. It's often the best teacher you'll ever have.
4. Don't Listen to the Naysayers
People will always have something to say. Some will doubt your dreams, your decisions, or even your abilities. If I had listened to every negative comment, I probably would have stopped homeschooling years ago. Instead, I chose to listen to the people who encouraged me and, more importantly, to God's voice.
Lesson: Not every opinion deserves a place in your heart.
5. Work Your Butt Off
Dreams don't become reality by simply wishing for them. Every day, I prepare lessons, read books, clean the house, cook meals, and still try to be present for my family. Some days are exhausting, but every small effort adds up over time.
Lesson: Success usually looks like ordinary work done consistently.
6. Give Back
Everything we receive is a blessing meant to be shared. Whether it's knowledge, kindness, encouragement, or simply listening to someone who needs a friend, giving back makes our success meaningful. The greatest reward isn't what we keep—it's what we give.
Lesson: Real success isn't measured by how much you have but by how many lives you've touched.
Final Thought
Success isn't about becoming famous or wealthy. It's about becoming the person God created you to be—someone who trusts, perseveres, works hard, and helps others along the way.
Remember, you can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets. Take the first step, keep moving forward, and don't forget to lift others as you climb.
Do not forget to share. Someone out there might need this reminder today.


No comments:
Post a Comment