Friday, February 18, 2011

Forgiveness equals Freedom

It is said that to "Err is human, to forgive is divine. When people do wrong things to us it was quite hard to understand them but believed me we should try hard to forgive them because all people make mistakes. Actually I don't understand this message before especially during the time when I was a bit immature. I thought then that this bible verses was made only for saints and not for a sinner like me. But watching the video's from Men of Light I've realized more  that forgiveness was really a gift you give to yourself instead of something you give to another person. It is the best gift you can give to yourself and you can benefit greatly from it too. If you don't forgive, then you let the past and another person control how you feel. By forgiving, you release yourself from those bonds. After 36 years of existence, I encounter countless people who hurt my feelings who are an inconsiderate, self-centered and immature creature (maybe I was like them before hehehe). But as time passes by and bad experiences became one of  my favorite company. I've learned that Forgiveness Provides Freedom - Freedom From Pain and Freedom of Action. To forgive easily, refuse to give the bad person or the bad situation control of your feelings. Tell yourself, "I'm not giving you the power to hurt me, trust me it was somehow effective it opens the door in your heart to love.


But I tell you, don't stand against an evil person. If someone hits you on the right cheek, then turn and let him hit the other cheek too. If a person wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, then let him have your coat too. If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, then go with him two miles. If a person asks you for something, then give it to him. Don't refuse to give to a person that wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those people that do bad things to you. If you do this, then you will be true sons of your Father in heaven. Your Father lets the sun rise for the good people and the bad people. Your Father sends rain to people that do good and to people that do wrong. If you love only the people that love you, then you will get no reward. Even the tax collectors do that. And if you are nice only to your friends, then you are no better than other people. Even the people without God are nice to their friends. So you must be perfect, the same as your Father in heaven is perfect.So you must be perfect, the same as your Father in heaven is perfect. This was taken from Matthew  5: 39-48.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails