Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bible Reading


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."
Proverbs 3:5-7

There were many nights before, that me and my husband did not share the same bed during the night. Specially during our first year of marriage, when we had some misunderstanding and worst arguments. Most the time he will sleep any part of the house except on our bedroom. Those nights was the most hurtful part of my married life and maybe vise versa with my husband I believed. Though come to realized now those were the nights that God made me who I am now. My husband and I didn't have a long courtship, engagement came right away not just like the others, because during that time I believed that I am already on a marrying stage, and entering another chapter in my life was the most simplest thing a women can think of. I never thought that what I am looking for was the total opposite of what every girls dream, marrying someone who's a total stranger was a total wreck (It's not a wrong decision after all) . I want to give up, I've already tried so many times to be separated with my husband at that time because I don't feel the love that I've been looking for. There were no days that I don't keep on praying just to get out of that chaos. But really you would be able to know the reason after everything was done. After so many bad words and wrong decision has been made my husband stick with me he didn't leave me because of my immaturity and careless words, yes there were times that there are bad words too that came into his mouth but those words that I don't want to hear was the most truthful words I've ever heard. Because thru those words these are what I've learned;
1. I've learned to look for the reason instead of an answer;
2. I've learned to come up with reality instead of ideology;
3.I've learned that my life can be changed in a matter of hours by people I even don't know;
4. That it's not what happens to people that's important . It's what they do about it;
5. That learning to forgive needs a lot of practice;
6. That there are people who love you very dearly but just don't know how to show it;
7. That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel;
8. That the people you care most about in your life are taken from you too soon;
9. That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have;
10. And I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.

And the list goes on but these are my top 10 Things I've learned in my 10 years of relationship with my husband. And these are the things I've learned for trusting the lord with all my heart. If I gave up with my relationship without trusting the lord I might not be here with my husband enjoying every minute and every second of the days and nights. Love is not a feeling it was really a decision and thank God I made the best decision ever in my life. How about you are you trying to make a decision to love someone today do it, it might be worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails